How can I enforce child support?

If a noncustodial parent falls behind on child support payments, there are options for enforcing it, but only through court involvement. The court can use various methods to collect any back child support payments. These methods can include income withholding, wage garnishment, interception of tax refunds, liens, or attachments to property. Additionally, a court can take punitive actions if these methods are unsuccessful, including license suspension, passport denial, and even possible jail time.